Sheboygan Falls is a center for home furnishings and home improvement services. Downtown products and services emphasize quality for the traditional customer. This is due to the following:
- The strong regional orientation on home and family.
- The increase of new, middle income and upper middle income households and families.
- The strong retail sales figures for home furnishings and home improvement items in the area.
- The low tax rate and strong real estate market in Sheboygan Falls.
Business Assistance Programs
Sheboygan Falls has an aggressive downtown development program which is available to assist business needs. The Sheboygan Falls Chamber of Commerce/Main Street Program is the recipient of the Great American Main Street Award given to only 5 communities nationwide each year in recognition of the excellence of their downtown revitalization efforts. Specific programs that benefit your business:
Startup / Design Assistance
Low-interest loans up to $30,000 at 2% below prime for a 3-year-term are available for exterior downtown building improvements.$1,000 facade grant for exterior downtown building improvements. Sign grant providing half the cost of a pre-approved sign design, up to $500. Two hours of free interior/exterior design assistance by a pre-approved design consultant.Revolving Exterior Maintenance program up to $1500 for routine upkeep.
These programs have resulted in over 43 building renovations in two historic districts – Downtown Historic District and the Cole Historic District.
Coordinated promotions held annually to attract customers / tourists / residents to area retail outlets.Cooperative advertising programs to expose your business to customers on an affordable basis.
- Streetscape program to improve pedestrian walkways including park benches, trash receptacles, historic light poles, city clock, citywide directional signage, spring/fall cleanup days.
- Business Connections & Business ‘N Bagels meetings offer networking for your company.
- Ribbon-cutting ceremonies/open houses for all new businesses.
- Aggressive retail/office recruitment program to maintain a lively downtown.
- Highway 32 Commercial Corridor Development project to create a grand entrance from State Highway 23 into downtown Sheboygan Falls.
- Industrial Retention Program – Development of VISION BUSINESS PARK on County Trk C and TT west of town.